Our Intellectual Property Department provides a full spectrum of Intellectual Property Law management services to protect ideas, concepts, brand names and elements. We also advise on all matters incidental to the preservation, protection and beneficial enjoyment of intellectual property and its acquisition, product development, assignment and licensing arrangements. These include:
- Advisory and Registration of trademarks, patents and designs.
- Clearance searches, protection, use and enforcement of trademarks, copyright, patents, design and trade secrets.
- Technology transfer services (including interface with the National Office for Technology Acquisition and Promotion)
- Product registration with the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) and the Standards Organisation of Nigeria (SON)
- Researching the existence of prior registrations and applications or pending claims, renewing registrations and monitoring the use and expiration of client’s registered trademarks and patents in a prompt and effective manner.
- Enforcement Intellectual property rights against infringers
- Intellectual property due diligence, valuation support and licensing.
The Firm is a registered member of the Intellectual Trademark Association, Intellectual Property Law Association of Nigeria (IPLAN) and Association of European Lawyers (AEA) amongst many others. Our portfolio includes leading international brands and we are representatives of several international trademark firms and brand owners.